Wednesday, February 12

Winter







I dive right into winter,  conscious of the cold as is renews me  from the inside out.  This winter held some of the coldest days and not much snow but we have snow now and it is white and deep and underneath the winter glistening moon shines like a million stars in the sky.

Chores need to be done and a tiny being keeps me company as i do them and at times she stares through the large window pane blowing her mama kisses and having conversation with the cat. Yesterday she curled herself in a sunny spot of the wooden floor and fell asleep.

The horses are grateful for soft snow under foot and i keep getting my breath taken away at how beautiful they are against it and the landscape that is the hill.  here i share some images i have taken of our winter on the hill. I have many things to keep us warm, the fire in the wood stove, the tea in our cups and soups in our belly but it is the beautiful comments you left on my last  post that warmed me through my bones- i emptied out all the sorrow and filled it with hope. Thank you.

the first image of Tolstoy running through the snow, makes me love the freedom of the life we lead.

11 comments:

Sweet Life Farm said...

Warmth felt here too, how I treasure loving kindness. The amazing photo of Tolstoy (I have longed to see him!) captures beauty, strength, kindness and yes, freedom! Love the one of Grace too.

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

You are blessed up there on your hill, blessed to have such vistas at your windows, such freedom. Stay warm, Nadia, and hug that tiny one for me.

Kaylin Lydia said...

So beautifully written as usual. Thank you for sharing your life, thoughts and pictures. Beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Dearest Nadia,

I can feel calmness and peace in your words...hopefully your sorrow was sprinkled into the air and carried far away.

Keep the magic of the hill and the love of your little one always close to your heart. ♥

annton said...

thank YOU.

elizabeyta said...

Nadia,

I think of you and Poet every day. I hope all is well. It is cold here with out the snow. Snow here would stop the city but in many ways soften the winter.

Warmth. Hmmm.... I will have a lovely cup of tea when I get home but I may have to plan soup for tomorrow. ♥

blessings,

elizabeyta

Jamie said...

What a joy to check your blog today to find a new post. Thank you. Such beautiful images and writing.

Noelle the dreamer said...

Sophie and Tolstoy? I think I have fallen in love!
Lovely stumbling on your blog (such an attractive title!)
A warm hello from the Pacific NW coast,

Verónica said...

I'm speechless right now. Hadn't visited your cozy hill for a really long time, and had no idea of this big, beautiful, yet painful too, change in your life. Whatever the story behind your sweet words and daughter is, I hope everythings gets right soon so you can add PEACE, in caps, to the love and fulfillness that may inhabit your heart now.

Domenico said...

When winter comes does it feel as though you are waking up amid a fairytale each day? I imagine the moon and multitude of stars make for incredibly dreamy nights, but the mornings are glorious, right?

Domenico said...

When winter comes does it feel as though you are waking up amid a fairytale each day? I imagine the moon and multitude of stars make for incredibly dreamy nights, but the mornings are glorious, right?