Tuesday, January 29

glad to be home


    hi there, i am writing to you from the hill and i can not tell you how glad i am to be home. The fog is thick and the air is warm and again the snow begins to melt. I have been away both for work and personal reasons and at every quiet  moment i craved the hill, thought about the animals and tea by the fire. I spent some time in Maine while we shot and styled many stories, met incredible people who were inspired to start something and in turn have left me genuinely happy knowing that good people are doing great things.

It has been a bit of an emotional roller coaster  sad and happy news seem to intertwine but the ability to remain hopeful and at the same time and the continual belief that the path i am on is the right one keeps me moving forward. I learned quite a bit these past few days about myself and others and i do feel at this moment overwhelmed by all of it. i have one day to try to process it all and take away what is useful and let go of the things that are no longer.

Dear friends, it  is a sunny fog out there so thick that you would think that the clouds have fallen unto the pastures. i feel as if i can fall asleep standing up and i have never said that in my life- so i am treasuring the next twenty four hours before i am in the thick of it again. there will be a few walks in the forest and across the fields, a book left by a friend to read and a loaf of bread baked by another on the hill and left for me to slice into and i do hope a few good hours of sleep.


7 comments:

Juliana said...

Welcome home, Nadia.

Sweet Life Farm said...

Welcome home, I feel more at peace knowing you have returned to the hill! Your time away sounds impassioned and inspiring. It feels as if it has left you with the feeling that overcame me this weekend, the knowing that in spite of the sadness, it is a beautiful life. Sweet dreams to you wrapped serenely in the comforts of your home.

Anonymous said...

It sounds like there's so many good things surrounding you right now. Enjoy them all! The anticipation of returning home to such a beautiful place must be enormous...longing for the pastures and the animals and tea by the fire. I envy your little slice of heaven. xo
Welcome back!

Unknown said...

I live vicariously through your images. Thank you. It's a beautiful break from my office job.

Liza B. Gonzalez said...

Such a hugh contrast to where I'm living. I just find these images so beautiful.

David @ Frenchie and the Yankee said...

Welcome back!
And great photos as always!

Ann Marie said...

Lovely photos. Lovely words. Nadia, you always find beauty in this world that inspires.