Monday, September 10

our time in Whistler


A few weeks ago, i was lucky to spend a few days back in my beautiful country canada, this time not my home town of montreal but incredible Whistler British Columbia, assisting aran at an ace camp workshop run by "super brave" and talented Angela ritchie who it was a delight to work with. although believe it or not i hardly had a chance to take photographs and when i could i had slight over exposing problem and no battery power on the mountain but overall it was great to look at these images again.

I have to say that i never see myself giving up the hill but if i ever did,  it would be for the mountain peaks out west. The air was perfect and snow capped mountains was the perfect backdrop to a few days of teaching, learning and meeting incredible group of  women that had come from all over the globe to attend the workshop.  I know i have said this before but there is some real incredible talent out there by some equally kind women and the lovely people i met there were no exception. The days were spent shooting food, scenery and each other, whether it was at North Arm farm against Curry mountain, the farmers market at the foot of our hotel in whistler village or perched in knook up high on a mountain or  lake side,  all of it was a feast for the eyes, soul and belly. Nights would be spent dinning at great local restaurants where stories were shared, laughter was heard and friendships were formed.

I had incredible time in whistler and i have to confess that i spent some time wishing k. was there and that we had pitched our tent somewhere in the backcountry but i believe that one day soon i will be back there hopefully taking a few less over exposed photographs and taking in that artic air. upon my return to the hill i felt a little homesick of sorts for the whislter snow capped mountains and the wonderful women i met. lucky for me these moments were relived through the absolutely beautiful photographs and words shared on post by the attendees who really knocked it out the park and aran.


you can find post on the following blogs be sure to scroll through pages for some have shared more than one post on our time.

 melissa from the bounty hunter
 megan from passport and pancakes
eva from ms renaissance

8 comments:

Sweet Life Farm said...

Your pictures speak to me of an experience I wish I’d shared. The breathtaking beauty of the surroundings, the lovely and enticing food, the beauty of the camaraderie with such talented women. Though I am not a photographer, nor a stylist, I would love to be amidst the glow of such creativity and beauty. I’ll share the tent with you.

Mardi Michels said...

Breathtaking Nadia. Just gorgeous. A beautiful recap of our time there.

Natalie said...

Nadia, I can see why you might have half a mind to consider leaving the hill for Whistler! What a beautiful place, and it sounds like such an inspirational time. Now, we can enjoy these early Autumn days in Vermont...so much to enjoy!

Unknown said...

Beautifully captured! I love the scenery there and would love a chance to see it in person!

Anna said...

Some photos are so beautiful that they together make you feel like your heart will burst with joy. These are like that.

jenny said...

Thank you for sharing your photos, Nadia! Looking at your beautiful images, I was transported for a moment to Whistler. Just gorgeous. I look forward to checking out the other photographers' images also.

marla {Family Fresh Cooking} said...

Thanks for sharing such a beautiful and inspirational trip to Whistler with us. We honeymooned there ~ need to go back some day :)

Debie Grace said...

I love all the landscape photos! :)