Thursday, June 30

little drives with maman

the last few days my mum and i have visited small towns, most of the time in search fro the best farmers market or farm stand. we went to brattelboro trying to find a good mocha, that failed but we walked around spotted an outdoor lounge chair in beautiful floral, my mum wanted to buy it for me, oh what was i thinking when i said no. then on our way home, off a dirt road we discovered a self serve farm stand, we bought dandelion marmalade, greens and farm eggs because the day before i managed to drop two dozen eggs on the floor, my poor chickens if they knew. Yesterday we headed to cambridge, greenwich and saratoga ny, it was a pleasant day that ended at a giant farmers market where i purchased, sprouts, sunflower greens, currants, bread and more. the funny thing is with all that we bought we forgot to eat anything all day except what we had had for breakfast.

Tomorrow i bring my mum back to montreal and pick up the kids, having the kids makes my summer, i usually spend one night in montreal going to the jazz fest, eating my favorite foods but i must come right back for we are having guest, corine and her family will be coming, we have never met in person!

i have had a great time with my mum, she is l o v e l y, i think she is discovering that her daughter is slowly lacking in social skills, dresses badly nowadays, has aged and makes stress nervous.

10 comments:

the wild magnolia said...

How personal your blog is, comfortable, your photo collages tell stories.

I love to visit here.

Happy day!

Caroline said...

I love these series of photos!!

Reena said...

Lovely words with your images!

Carey Brown Strombotne said...

gorgeous photos, as always. your mum is such a beautiful woman, lucky you, maybe you'll look just like her!

Tash said...

I just adore getting glimpses of your life. Your maman sounds so sweet and our moms will always worry, even if things are absolutely perfect they still worry don't they! :)
How wonderful to come home, just in time to take in a festival when our city is most vibrant and alive! I hope you enjoy your time in Montreal and if you return and have more time on your hands i'd love to meet up pour un café!
PS: I've never heard of dandelion marmalade before!

Cobalt Violet said...

What wonderful photos! Such a beautiful blog you have.
Found you via Shambala in Ojai.

Valerie said...

a beautiful ode to your beautiful maman. this brings tears in my eyes...
enjoy your time with your friends.
i met some people from the blogland a few times and it has always brought us even closer.

Jane Flanagan said...

So very lovely! Sounds like a beautiful summer is unfolding for you!

cindy* said...

these are so lovely nadia! i love how your photos make me feel a time and place. i often decline things my mother wants to buy me as well, they just do so much! what a memorable summer you are making.

ps, your comment about sweet Elle made my morning :)

xo

Dallas Shaw said...

the greens in the photos came out perfectly
dallas
http://dillydallas.blogspot.com