Tuesday, August 31

the last day of august



i have just let tolstoy out of his paddock, he is free to roam where ever he chooses on the farm, i am nervous. i have for the very first time this summer put on a strapless dress and i am okay about it, even though my arms are redicously large i still manage to feel feminine. i have filled a glass with ice, ginger ale and orange juice and pulled a new book from my shelves to read : the grapes of wrath" by steinbeck. Moments before all this i walked to the pond to check on the ducks and found five huge turkey vultures resting, i clapped my hands and they flew away both magnificent and frightening all at once. the birds they have not stopped singing and someone must have told the cardinals of my love for red for i have counted at least a dozen. I once did a design for a flower show of a flock of red cardinals flying over head as my way of saying this end of the world as we know it, i hope this not the case today. i have wanted september to come, yet i think it more the coolness of the fall that i am waiting for. but for today i will remain in the moment and let the moisture of the humid air rest on my bare arms as i turn the page...

3 comments:

dia said...

How is Splash taking being alone in the paddock?

christina said...

you have inspired me to put a sundress on, no matter my arms. : )
how beautiful this is.

avant garde design said...

i just want to thank you for allowing me to enjoy this time before bed, drinking a glass of red wine and eating cheese and corn, to be with you on your farm (well through photos anyway) and calm myself, getting myself ready for bed. and sleep. catching up on your blog, i'm loving every post, every story, every photo!