Friday, January 4

january and a winters walk.

 I have just returned from snowshoeing in the woods behind the house. the snow is so beautiful and the sun warm. there is so many animals tracks in the woods, deer, coyote, bunny and birds. it so quiet when you walk on snow through the forest, even a stillness and calm that i desperately was seeking yesterday one of the biggest days of my life,  i often romanticize how things should go, in fact i can romanticize most anything like i often do about mucking stalls.

I am sitting by the fire now, a wool blanket covers my legs and a warm cup of tea sits next to my knitting yarn. the horses are loving todays weather, i think all of us are since yesterday the temperature fell to minus nine.

this weekend will include a trip to the city, a film, farmers market, more snowshoeing, knitting and cooking. I am looking forward to it, since i am at the gate of so much work to be done, shoots to plan, workshops to announce, houseguest to welcome, airline tickets to purchase, house to paint and so on. may you all have a good weekend, i just love january so very much.

8 comments:

Sweet Life Farm said...

I find such a weightiness in the serenity and a lightness in the enchant-ness of the snow covered forest. I would love to snowshoe (that was my dad’s Christmas gift to my brother and his wife who live at a higher elevation than I) and learn to knit. I, too, romanticize everything --- which was the topic of conversation yesterday.

I hold you and your magical January forest and fields in my heart, have yourself a peace-filled and enjoyable weekend.

kimberly said...

shoots to plan and guests to welcome- my two favorite parts of your list. can't wait my friend!!!
x

the wild magnolia said...

splendid photo diary of January winter beauty.

Irena said...

Breathtaking! Your photographs speak to me about the stillness and peace in the snowy landscape

Anonymous said...

Dearest Nadia,

After I read what you write, I often close my eyes and picture the scents and sounds and emotions you must feel when you walk out amongst your hill. I can only imagine how thrilled and blessed you must feel. Sometimes I curse at how cold a midwest winter can be but yesterday when my eyes were watering and my cheeks were frozen, I stood outside and let the cold wind go right through me and decided winter really is amazing.
I hope you tell us what your big day entailed....
Have a beautiful weekend and thank you so much for the lovely comment you left me. It meant a great deal, as I really admire the beautiful way You write.
Sarah

Benthe said...

We had some snow last November/December and although I'm not a big fan of having to cycle and snow, I do would like to have some really cold and snowy weather this year. It has been rainy and 10 degrees C for as long as I can remember this winter. And that is nice too, because I haven't been cold yet, but I want to have to wear my thick gloves and three scarves. I want to walk, long walks, through the snow. But all we get is rain.

Verónica said...

Nice and strange to read about a wintry everyday so different of mine, such a warm winter this year in my mediterranean coin of the world that I even doubt I will wear the two pairs of gloves I received in the holidays... Thank you for the images you give us (made with a camera or with words). Me too, I romanticize everything.

Anonymous said...

I have read your blog off and on for several years now, and every time I visit this place, I think to myself, "What a beautiful little corner of the internet this is."

I had several incarnations of my own blogs, but never seem to stick with it. I am so glad you have.

Blessings to you in this new year and beyond,

Amy E Thompson