Sunday, June 10

my days and the barn


there has been quiet days of hard work and relaxation. storms and sun have been present everyday and i like it. most of my days have been spent in my vegetable garden, the rain has been challenging for growing things but i love how a garden slowly becomes what you have imagined.  i have also been cleaning out "the barn" it is attached to the house and if i did not have animals would be known as the garage but with beautiful placed stones for flooring and beautiful aged wood, we call it the barn. in the summer we clear all the hay that has been stored which we just used  in trade for farrier work for the horses, how i like this type of transaction.  i set up a dining table, chandelier, chaise and ottoman and still have lots to do, although i must confess i have a different vision for it, a long farm table, benches,  grey and natural linens. this year i hope to use it every night for dinner, rain or shine and i will be blogging from my old grey gate leg table often in fact i am right now. i hope to spend time reading from the large wicker wing back chair as i hear the sound of birds and feel the breeze from my shaded spot.  every morning from sunrise to sunset the view is different here on the hill and a year into living here it never ceases to take my breath away.  the barn doors open to this view and as i write you pink lined clouds and soft feminine hues let you know that the sun is very close to setting and in just an hour or so after chores tonight , i  will  be able to sit with a cup of tea and watch the fireflies and stars transform the sky.

In a few days i head to Montreal, what a treat this of the most unexpected kind. a friend i have never met and i have quickly become close too, has asked and invited me to go along to celebrate her fortieth birthday,  i feel honored to do so. It is never easy leaving the farm but thanks to another surprise my dear k will be watching over things, knowing that in doing so i will be more relaxed to enjoy our food and freedom trip as Tzurit has named it. I can't wait to share with you our time. i am very much looking forward to it and specially getting to know more about someone i feel as if i have known for always.

so dear friends i wish you a wonderful week.

*  i am not happy with these  horrible images,  i will do better.

* i just came back after putting the chickens and ducks in, the light is so beautiful and soft and nightfall is upon us, this space has made me very happy typing away looking out.  the daisies i see from  here look magical, okay i am off to feed the horses, shower, make something nourishing for dinner and sit out here with a smile in my heart for having accomplished much this weekend.


18 comments:

Ronnie said...

I just love reading all your posts. Your keep transporting me to that magical place where you live with your words and your images.
The barn looks amazing, I will be thinking of you blogging from that beautiful table, looking at that view and drinking your cup of tea as I drink mine. :)
Ronnie xo

Debie Grace said...

No wonder you write so beautifully! Beautiful places makes you more positive and happy inside. I love your lifestyle! :)

shanna said...

Such lovely thoughts. The picture of the table and chair is my favorite.

Unknown said...

I love barn it reminds me when I was a young girl à la ferme de mon grand-père!!

love that barn mood, lovely nostalgic pictures Nadia!!

Jen said...

The pictures are wonderful--everything looks and sounds dreamy.

Sanda Vuckovic Pagaimo said...

What a lovely space!!!

Juliana said...

Sigh- so romantic and dreamy!

Lana said...

It looks perfect to me!! I would love to have souch a dreamy barn! Beautiful.

Melissa Marie Head said...

What an amazing view! Gorgeous and love the barn space

Anonymous said...

I think these images are beautiful but I'm so in love with where and how you live, I think it's all lovely!

No wonder your words read like a beautiful poem...I can't imagine having a happier place to write from.

Sarah xo

Cannelle Et Vanille said...

this will be the perfect summer space and cannot wait to see you in montreal in a few days!

Sweet Life Farm said...

Magical…not only the most exquisite views, but such a romantic space too. Daisies are one of my favorite, humble flowers. This post has made me so happy!

David @ Frenchie and the Yankee said...

Have fun in Montréal!
It looks like we have the same cat! :)

Gabriela said...

I can't believe you actually live there...it feels so magical...I wish someday I can go there...
Hugs from far away...

Bell and Star said...

AAAHHH! That first photo is so poignant and as Pink said, transporting. So enjoying the peek into your lovely corner there.

sweet harvest moon said...

Have a lovely time in Montreal!

Ann Marie said...

nadia,

your images are always so beautiful. i love hearing about your day to day life. every thing you do is so thoughtful and genuine.

i am coming to vermont for school for the next seven weeks. i'll be in middlebury. unfortunately i will be without a car...but when my husband comes for a visit in july we'll be renting a car. would love to swing by and see you at your farm.

much love,

ann marie

kimberly said...

The view from the first image is absolutely divine! How I envy that feeling of being so far from it all- so tranquil and free!
Have a wonderful rest of your week~
xx