Monday, December 19

winter fireflies


this morning at around one am i woke to a crescent moon. the temperature outside was close to zero, very cold. i threw hay to the horses and looked out upon the fields, the moon reflected unto the frosted ground and it looked like hundreds of fireflies hand landed, unexpected magic. when i finally went to bed again i tucked myself warmly underneath the blankets then through the skylight the crescent moon came in, before i could stop the words from " i love you moon" slipped through my lips.

*pictures of scattered things in my home, hay on the floor too. i promised dear readers i will get back on track and post regularly soon.


12 comments:

Jane Flanagan said...

I saw the same lovely moon and said the same thing, from my desk at my window. Unfortunately, I did not go back to bed...

Hope your day is lovely.

Sanda Vuckovic Pagaimo said...

Love your home

spread your wings said...

i love the paintings in your home. did you paint them?

Dawn said...

Do you know, I am always so happy when I see that you have posted something new. It's like opening the mail box and finding a letter from a friend.
Your home is so beautiful and simple.

xo Dawn

avant garde design said...

i love your new blog header/layout, really vibrant and glowing. it illuminates your photos all that more! i could be surrounded by furniture and paintings like those in your home...

Cannelle Et Vanille said...

That's my favorite corner...

Sam @ The Second Lunch said...

Those spindly yellow legs are just perfect.

the wild magnolia said...

magical fireflies, i like that

i love you moon, i like that too

a home with signature style

less is more

thank you

Tash said...

Absolutely beautiful Nadia. Unexpected magic like this are such gifts. This is how I feel about your words and photos and the person you are. A gift to us.
Love to you,
xx

Melissa said...

Such beautiful words. Thank you. I was so delighted to see your new post. When I lived up north I loved watching the tiniest snowflake dazzle in the moonlight. I always imagined they were fairies. :)

UpGemini said...

you have changed the blog's font... I hope that other good changes are happening for you...

Mdmslle. said...

This painting with apples is stunning. You're such a lucky one to call it yours and keep looking at it every time you pass by!