Friday, December 11

maman





my dearest mom,

today it is your birthday. how i wish you where here at the farm having toast, jam and espresso at the kitchen table with me. words are swirling in my head as i try to find the right ones to express my gratitude for all that you have done for me through out my life. you make my life richer in every way, you help me see through the dark, shade my eyes from to much sun, you help me move forward when i am stuck and help me slow down when i move to fast. most of all you teach me how to love and to be loved. i love you mom. happy birthday and i can not wait to have you home for the holidays.!

* i thought you might like these pictures, it was a magical moment.

16 comments:

Shokoofeh said...

Nadia. I am sure your maman will love these magical pictures and your magical words. It was so beautiful that I have tears in my eyes.

:)

in another lifetime said...

Happy Birthday Dia!! I hope you have a very special day.

What a magical post!!!!!

dia said...

I love you sweetheart, like usual you made my day.

spread your wings said...

what a beautiful mother /daughter relationship.

Elizabeth said...

Happy birthday to your mom. Your photos really capture the force of nature here....beautiful.

S. Etole said...

It truly is magical ... what a privilege to see.

jennifer said...

stunning...they look like film stills from a beautiful movie.

Ann Marie said...

those photos are definitely magical...but the magical moment i think i would love to witness is you and your mom having toast and jam together. i bet there would be all sorts of laughter, wisdom, insight. happy birthday to your sweet mom!

Wendy said...

What a lovely way to celebrate your Mom's birthday - with a picture of a flock of canada geese! They look so carefree as they fly away.
Happy Birthday Mom!

Ms. Becky said...

such loveliness from you Nadia

Caroline said...

What a lovely post and these photos are magical!!! xo

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

So heartfelt...and I love the thought of you and your mom having toast and jam together in the kitchen....

and the photographs are simply....stunning.


Best,
Kary

Line said...

beautiful post for your mom, these shots are so lovely!!!

Joie Moring said...

great moment transformed into a work of art! wow! and your mom is one helluva woman...by the sounds of it.

Bonbon Oiseau said...

gorgeous incredible nadia!...happy birthday maman!

Asya said...

such beautiful images, nadia. and gorgeous words.