Sunday, February 1

when a rose follows the light













it always amazing to me how the light can change an object. here i play with the sun. all these images taken(and more) within ten minutes. i always make sure to keep one window dirty- makes for a nice filtering of light. I move one step to the left and the sun is blocked one to the right and i stare almost at it.( if you have powerful lenses staring at the sun can be dangerous). I force my camera to do things it does not want to do, if my camera was human and i was it's boss i would surely be arrested for slavery. once my husband was asked did you ever hear nadia yell, his reply was yes at her camera! I love the light, i have studied it i know it's next move and i do my best to follow it. it is my greatest partner!

16 comments:

dia said...

number 4 took my heart

cindy* said...

i love how the texture changes...sometimes like ultra-suede and sometimes like the most delicate paper and even more in between. beautiful!

Anonymous said...

c'est un manière si noble de découvrir la lumière... belles photos!!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Cindy, really beautiful mix of tones and colours!

Cindy said...

these are so pretty, i love pink roses. i feel my camera talks back to me when i press the shutter and it won't take the picture ;).

Rosabella said...

I like it very very much !!!

Cannelle Et Vanille said...

oh nadia... i am dreaming of paris and roses!

Fifi Flowers said...

GORGEOUS photos!

in another lifetime said...

I can smell them and feel them between my fingers. They are making me think of the ballet for some reason.

Esti said...

I like your eye for detail :)

manon 21 said...

Magnifique!

manon

france

Unknown said...

i can just imagine madame nadia with whip in hand yelling at poor poor baby camera : )

Bonbon Oiseau said...

so wonderful! i can see it in these gorgeous photos! you show that camera who's boss nadia!!! the light too!

muralimanohar said...

Something magic about these images.

Charlotte Tollstén said...

So beautiful, so romantic!!

lauren said...

I love roses right now, on clothes and otherwise, I love these photos, it is as though I can almost smell them...

(this quaint piano music is keeping me glued to your site!)