Tuesday, October 2

The Autumn road to change





I sit here in a dark corner of the second floor bedroom, the rain falls on the tin roof and a kind light makes it's way through two windows. I could apologize for being gone from this place for so long but in truth I have failed myself for the life lived between the last time I posted and now has been beautiful and heartbreaking all at once. My daughter my life has been growing and each day has been a chapter that should have been documented here. All i can do is start today and see how i do.

Yesterday after homeschool group and the chaos of it, something Poet and I will  have to get used to we came home to gather a few things and even though raining i equipped each of us with phones and headed to take photographs. Poet is incredible at noticing things and this new type of adventure that included her having a device to document was not wasted on her. It was so lovely to watch her find what she was attracted to. I felt a peace, something that has eluded me for to long for it to be healthy. Perhaps because nature is changing, the craving for a personal change has quieted in down, only time will tell. The one thing you should know is the love i have for Poet my daughter, is by far the most incredible i have ever felt.

so here i am again.....

8 comments:

Laura said...

Welcome back, Nadia! Good to see your post. 🍁

Elizabeth@ Pine Cones and Acorns said...

It was like a gift to see your post on my blogroll today! I am so happy that you and Poet are well! Thank you for sharing your beautiful photos. Happy Fall.

Shue said...

I am so glad you are here again with your blog. You are such a talented story teller and I love to hear about your life. Now that Poet is here with you hopefully we will get a glimpse of her too.

Welcome back, love your beautiful pictures.

imidurski said...

Welcome back! I have missed the beauty in your writing and photos.

Liz Woodbury said...

Hello, Nadia!!

Unknown said...

I was so happy to see your blog name in my inbox when I opened it. It felt like an early Christmas present. Your blog helped me during a very dark time in my life. Now that I am in a place of peace and light, I can appreciate your beautiful posts and pictures even more. Welcome back Nadia!

chris said...

Stunning Autumn photos, love the tones, gotta dig out my camera, thanks for the inspiration!

a.k.a. indie_tea said...

It is lovely to see you back here. Your ferns are beautiful...

I don’t know if you remember me, I sent you a package of Darjeeling tea from my blog, many years ago...