Wednesday, July 9

Poet, a film.

Nadia&Poet from Ryan Ulysses Marshall on Vimeo.

Dearest friends,

I have wanted to share this with you from the very first moment i received it. I wanted to show it to the world and say " see here this is proof, i am her mum and she is my daughter" but i couldn't,  it became my most prized possession. At a time of uncertainty, in this beautiful film created by Ryan i saw what my heart knew, Poet was my daughter, my future, my purpose. Ryan caught Poet  brilliantly as she was.  I watched this many times throughout this last nine months and other times when i became to scared of loosing her i kept it hidden even from myself fearing i would brake to watch what t i knew without a doubt the unshakable bond between Poet and I- but now i get to share it with you a moment in time that meant/means everything to me.  Although i continue to feel a lump in my throat and tears down my cheeks while watching it, it is no longer intertwined with fear but solely on how fast she is growing and how lucky i am to have this moment on film.

Ryan is one of the most talented people i know, this passed year his kindness, strength, and support became rays of light when i needed them. I met Ryan a few years back when he came to film a book trailer on the hill and stayed for a few days but i read his works, beautiful written pieces on family way before on his coveted blog Pacing the Panic room.  I formed an opinion about him then that he was a father and husband and a pretty darn good one.   In person what i witnessed is a human who when speaking about or to his children his excitement is, as if they were just coming out of the womb and when he speaks about his wife, it is as if he had just yesterday met the love of his life.   He is like that with his work too, a child like excitement, a healthy dose of nervousness and a very strong vision. His films are beams of light -BEAMS OF LIGHT. I am lucky to work with him and even luckier still to call him a friend.

Ryan, even though i try, i know i will fail to express how treasured not only the finished piece is on Poet and i  but that you took the time to do it.   My only hope is that one day Poet herself will express her gratitude for it much better than her mama could.

The Beautiful song in the film is a Finnish Lullaby, i first heard it sitting by an open camp fire on a misty evening on the hill, and i fell in love with it.  sang by filming workshop attendee turned houseguest then friend  Maaike Korman the next day it was recorded upstairs of our house and used in the film. 

33 comments:

Sanda said...

So tender and beautiful Nadia. Hope to meet Poet soon!!!

im said...

what a wonderfull smile to begin my day ! Thank you !

annton said...

this is so incredibly beautiful, I have no words for it. feeling humble by the talent of Ryan too. thank you so much for sharing something that precious.

Unknown said...

so beautiful....!

Marcouiller Trimble said...

Amazing

Unknown said...

so glad that you are at a place where you can now share such joy without fear of losing it. ryan did a beautiful job capturing both you and your sweet little one and the special bond between mother and child.
ryan is incredibly talented and sounds like a wonderful person, as well.

Jane Flanagan said...

So very beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Oh My! I've been waiting for this, how sublime.

Juliana said...

So beautiful and full of love.

Sharon Cheema said...

Beautiful and poignant. Thank you for sharing. Xoxo

KAM said...

Nadia...for several days I have been thinking about you, a bout Poet...and here, this beautiful day of summer I see the love, the heart connected mother and child..and my tears of joy, for my grandmother heart so waiting for your answers to all be yeses and that your mothering of Poet could be forever. Thank you for bringing this beautiful video to the screen today. Much love to you, Kristin

Iren said...

very touching video.
What a treasure this must be for you, what a sweet, sweet memory!

Thanks for sharing!
iren

Iren said...

very touching video.
What a treasure this must be for you, what a sweet, sweet memory!

Thanks for sharing!
iren

Laura C. said...

Too sweet for words! This film truly captured the wonder and beautiful bond between mother and child. The joy that is expressed in Poet's face is priceless!

Unknown said...

Oh Nadia, this video is so beautiful. It is lovely to see you and Poet together. She is most precious and so lucky to have you. I am very happy for your happiness.

Polly said...

Nadia... such a beautiful film, thank you for sharing this with us all. I am so happy for you all xx

Sweet Life Farm said...

Poet’s film has moved me to tears and smiles; the spirit of love and gentleness Ryan captured, the loveliness of the lullaby, sweetness of your child. A keepsake of this fragile, loving time. I grow more in love with Poet with each photo I see.

Hristina said...

so much love x

Anonymous said...

so very beautiful...

élise* said...

Oh, this is the most wonderful film! The image is beautiful, and you and your Poet's smile... Thank you for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Nadia, this is so beautiful, the kind where you feel a tug in your heart and tears fall and you're left speechless . . . because how do you find the right words to really describe it

and oh, the lullaby is just as beautiful. Her voice sounds like an angel.

I am so happy for all of you. ♥

dervla @ The Curator said...

I'm in tears watching this, it's so singularly gorgeous … and yes you're going to treasure this forever. She is SO SO lucky to have you.

Lori said...

Oh Nadia ~ what a precious keepsake you have of you and YOUR beautiful little girl. Thank you so much for sharing it with us.

Anna said...

How beautiful you two are and how adorable little Poet is. Such a film is worth so much for the future, and I realize what a wonderful medium that is for capturing memories and the moods in them. The warmth between you and Poet couldn't be better described.

I realized now that I need to film more!

Gabriela said...

OMG!!!! You are both so beautiful!!!! Congrats!!!!

jennifer said...

I love everything about this video. Poet, you, your lovely farm, the music and Ryan's beautiful talent.

jeska said...

So beautiful, every sound and image, what a lovely treasure for you both to keep x

Anonymous said...

your words echo my hope.....
our tpr is scheduled for late october.

waiting.
hoping.
taking half breaths.

Domenico said...

I have come back to watch this little video a couple of times, love the song, love the landscape, and love the life you have up there on your hill. Funny thing to be so happy for someone you do not know. Motherhood clearly suits you.

Irene said...

That is beautiful, Nadia, so beautiful. I am so tremendously happy for you and your family.

Dawn said...

Pure magic, so much love. Just thinking about the blessing you and K are for Poet, and the blessing she is for you. Amazing.
xo Dawn

Monica said...

Possibly the most tenderly beautiful piece I've ever seen ... the lighting, the movement, and the story it tells between mother and child, sublime!

Anonymous said...

Hi I'm from belgium. So nice, magnifique et intime moment.
Thanks for sharing.