Thursday, January 10

hiver

i have just returned from the forest, it is the loveliest of winter days. sun shines beautifully and the warmth that cometh from it is spring like. the house is very toasty and i walk barefooted and my clothing is light and delicate. a large glass of orange juice with grated ginger is on the table and je grignotte on carrots as a banana, chocolate coconut cake bakes in the oven, the house smells lovely and rich.

I want to play chess with the pieces that were made just for the hill, i need someone to play with me but i will wait. music is playing and i feel so at peace and calm. i have worked on many projects this week, consumed by the computer i do not do well staring at a screen for so long, it takes moisture from my skin and oxygen for my lungs but in the big picture i hardly have to do it at all. thank goodness for the hill and the most beautiful hiver i can remember, for long winter walks, healthy animals and a quieting soul.


some winter inspired songs i have been listening too: here,  here, here, here, here, here truth is loving this band  and this one



16 comments:

Sanda said...

Oh hiw much I would love to play chess with you my friend, surrounded by snow outside. Love these winter songs you suggested.

Daniella said...

Wow. That last photo is stunning! The greenery looks so soft and fluffy against the icy snow!

Rebecca said...

So happy to have just stumbled upon your blog! These wintry pictures are beautiful.

Anonymous said...

You do have a lot to be thankful for...a glance outside your windows shall tell you so. Winter is breathtaking on the hill. I would feel so at peace walking through those snowy fields. I bet the silence is glorious.

Enjoy the sun and it's warmth!

Sweet Life Farm said...

Thank goodness indeed for the pure, calm loveliness of your days; this one especially so. Always enjoy the music you introduce me too.

annton said...

the last picture, I simply can't stop looking at it. what is it? grass? I am always amazed on how much grace nature holds. and even more, how funky it can look too! have a wonderful weekend on that stunningly beautiful hill!

wiseone said...

you sound like a very lonely person....lovely but lonely.

onesilentwinter said...

wiseone

you must not be a long time reader of my blog or you would see that i am not lonely at all in fact i do not feel that but once in a blue moon. I live among beautiful creatures in such a wonderful and inspiring place. i have people i care about and who care about me.

i hope you do not feel lonely.

wiseone said...

single footprints in the snow, a hand with no one holding it, deep long shadows, haunting music, no one to play chess with...lead me to a false conclusion. vous demandez pardon.

yes, i feel lonely.

onesilentwinter said...

wiseone,

perhaps if you did not hide, it would not be the case.

...and yes you described the photographs well except you get the wrong impression from them, you mistake being on one's own with loneliness.

Unknown said...

Beautiful. I love your photos.

wiseone said...

i hide within myself ... surrounded by others ... loneliness comes and goes ... today it comes ... vous me donnez l'espoir ... tomorrow will be better.

onesilentwinter said...

wiseone

i understand that, i do.

and if not tomorrow then the next day...

wiseone said...

thank you for understanding ... life is good .... some days better than others .... I lost a friend recently ... friendship is precious ... the loss made me lonely. J'ecouterail musique heureuse maintenant.

onesilentwinter said...

wiseone

b.

From Scratch said...

For once I'm not looking at your pictures of a winter wonder land with jealousy. We actually had a snow storm way down here at Christmas and I had a chance to tromp around with my own camera! :)
But your pictures are so lovely . . . . .