Monday, May 11

living in a tent by the ocean








yes it is true and loving it. living in a tent. why not staying in a tent or gone camping, why have i chosen to write
i am living in a tent, simply because that is what i am doing. i am not on vacation well that could be debatable, my husband goes to work every morning. we go on with our everyday business the difference is i sleep in a tent, cook on an open fire.

I could use up alot of this post telling you how this came about but i have decided not to get into it except to say, that i did not take into consideration the “what ifs” i could hardly be blamed for it since i have been taught not to, but i am fully responsible for it, yet i believe it is exactly where i am meant to be.

we drove-away from our house on saturday after spending many days and hours cleaning organizing. i wanted it to be perfect for the guest that would be staying at our home. I have many mixed feelings about if i did enough and if the house was good enough. all i knew now was i was exhausted and time had run out. we drove away leaving the lilacs behind. stopped to say by to friends and got the longest overdue mocha. I was relieved i had wanted this moment to come, to tired to beat myself up. K and i chatted as my eyes opened and shut. he took my hand in his and said you are tired ..yes i answered and asked if it was okay to put my feet on the dashboard( a pet peeve of his) and he said of course i stared at my purple shoes facing the sky and shut my eyes again.

Arriving at our destination as the sun started to prepare for it’s exit and the ocean breeze caressed my arm as i swayed it from front to back, i knew it was all going to be okay, perhaps even better than okay.

21 comments:

Cassaundra said...

you are definitely my hero.
i can't imagine how wonderful your life must be ... it's like a dream or something.

chelsea said...

Holy cow! I have to say the same thing! You are my hero! I would love to hear more details about this. I'd love to move into a tent for a little while.

Irene said...

The photos are beautiful and serene, I only wish for you that you will find the beauty and serenity inside as well as without.

corine said...

Every day with you must be an adventure! I'm laughing with glee at how free you are.

Cannelle Et Vanille said...

but what a beautiful place to live while away from home. that sun, that moss, the water... this doesn't happen often so enjoy it!

Anonymous said...

What a view! I too would like to hear more about this life change.

Cindy said...

it looks really incredible. reminds me of out of africa when they went camping. each day will be an adventure. i'd like to hear more about it, too. i'm sure your home was perfect for your guests. lots of love there.

Unknown said...

please do share more nadia. you can't leave us hanging like this... : )

you are holding bliss, do you realise that?

in another lifetime said...

Purple shoes on quite an adventure:) I'm envious, want to be there!! Heavenly photos!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm not a tent person but you make it sound so amazing + dreamy! Thanks for sharing and share more!

As always lovely photos!

Clementine said...

Wow, amazing! These photos are gorgeous. Sounds like an incredible life experience.

Esti said...

the pictures are beautiful. you make the tent story a romantic one. You are incredible.
:)

Beverly Ash Gilbert said...

What a gorgeous spot to wake up to and perfect for taking you away from the stresses you left behind.

kendalee said...

"...i believe it is exactly where i am meant to be." This is what jumped out at me from your post - beautiful! And what an exquisite place to be. Also, it looks to me like a good place for singing out loud?! ;)

Bonbon Oiseau said...

it's like being there with you watching the sun set (or is it rising?) from the camp...are you off on your westward adventure lucky girl? i am...so excited for you...keep taking us with you please...

jennifer said...

Wow, incredible!

jennifer lorton said...

The post seems so mysterious, and the pictures are (as always) so lovely. I sincerly hope all is well, it was difficult to figure out how you felt about life in a tent. I hope it lasts as long as you enjoy it, and not a moment longer. Maybe I'll go live in a tent for awhile, I could use a new perspective.
Jennifer
http://blog.jenniferlorton.com

spread your wings said...

this is the most incredible thing I can imagine - at least for a time. there's something so peaceful about being out in nature. i miss camping so badly. we would camp for weeks at a time in the summer. my dad would get up and cook us breakfast and then got off to work from the campsite (he was a doctor).

cindy* said...

gorgeous photos...wishing you the best nadia and so happy to hear that you are loving it. xo!

jenna said...

fascinating, beautiful.

"inspiring" is such an overdone adjective, but this seems to ask for it in a really pure, honest way - these photos, this life...inspiring

Anonymous said...

I am reading as if it is a book, starting from its root, the very beginning and now I have come to this chapter and I started to cry because there is peace in realizing and accepting the fear. . . always mine even this day, this lovely morning sitting in my mother's house, gone five years from my life. She keeps me safe even now, but like you, I must one day live in a tent to realize and accept that fear as fortune.

I know you will not see this as I stole a glance at later chapters and life is abundant and joyful on those pages. I will read on to capture those moments in between, the true heart of happy endings.